Thanks everybody for attending our first meeting of Spring '08. Special thanks to Lawford for a wonderful presentation. You can download his presentation here and read the two white papers he mentioned here and here.
Here are key items that we discussed at the meeting. Please use this thread to discuss anything related to Wednesday's meeting — from food to the location everything is fair game! (c:
- A list of CET-organized events for Spring 2008 was distributed. You can also find the same list on the CET's websites.
- We welcomed Nicole Ball as the new administrative assistant at CET. Thanks Nicole for … well, everything.
- CET website needs a webpage dedicated to the TAF program. Please discuss the (proposed) contents of that page in this thread.
- The next TAF meeting would be:
- Wednesday, Feb 13, 2-4:30 PM, location TBA.
- We decided to finalize the professional development exercises/seminars for our remaining meetings through discussion on this forum. Please use this thread for this discussion. I've posted (with Christina's help) a complete list of the seminars we had last year along with the copies of presentations/papers that were used in those seminars.
- Mehdi presented his idea for evaluating the impact of our wiki resource on TAs across campus. We decided to continue that discussion on this forum.
- Regarding the wiki development, following points were generally resolved:
* Any TAF can edit grammar and/or add links (external or within the wiki) to any wiki page. We trust each other to do what is best. This is part of the peer review process that naturally occurs as we look at each other’s progress. Any major textual changes need that group’s permission though.
* We decided to have a conversational tone throughout the wiki to draw in the reader and make the wiki less textbook-like. We will all try our best to adhere to this conversational tone, with the understanding that formal is OK once in awhile, if necessary.
* We recalled that each group should develop summaries of their (large) pages.
* Something we only touched on, but still needs further discussion is wiki standardization and final review process.
Once again, thanks everybody who could make it. Those who couldn't, we hope you can attend future meetings. Have a wonderful Spring semester.